MT 2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MT 2007

Members of MT 2007. Post any query. Don't think it is stupid Q, this may help others aware and notice it! Thank you!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Accomadation

Go down 
+2
minseng007
Jayne Liang
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jayne Liang

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 10:30 pm

hello..beside sharing a room, does anyone know how is the environment of the living area?
Back to top Go down
minseng007

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 12:57 am

I have heard that condition is quite bad. We are only staff and not customer, so do not expect to be given very good facilities. Heard from my friend that it's like the college in local uni if anyone graduated from local uni. Always prepare for the worst so you wouldn't be shocked when first see your home sweet home.
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Number of posts : 40

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: accomodation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 1:06 pm

Yeah, i grad from local U and i know how is the Hostel situation. Kinda dirty and old. I move out in my 2nd year. (1st year compulsory to stay) Hahaa..

But there is 1 thing that is better than the local U hostel. The toilet is attached to our room . So, we don't need to share the toilet with lots of people . Wasting time waiting for our turn.

One more thing.. i heard many ppl say got "dirty" things . Neutral sorry , im very timid. So i think i will bring my amulet .
lol!
Back to top Go down
Jayne Liang

Number of posts : 25

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Hostel   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 2:36 pm

According to Agnes we may share toilet wif 2 or 4. The hostel name is "RIA apartment". Just opposite Genting Hotel.
Back to top Go down
minseng007

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 9:02 pm

Actually I don't like bathroom attach. I think we have to clean the bathroom ourself and if it's old and dirty I sure cannot tahan. If bathroom dirty will be smelly also.

I do not want to mention this actually, afraid it will affect everyone. About the "dirty" things, yes I have heard about that from my cousin and friends who have worked there before. But there are also many that told me they didn't encounter anything. Who is not afraid? I myself also afraid of those things. But we cannot think negatively, the more we think/afraid we tend to have illusion and scare ourself.
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: accomodation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 10:48 pm

Yup, the more we scared the more we will encounter with all those "dirty" things. All illusions..!!!! Pray everyday loh.. amitabha.. lol!
Back to top Go down
minseng007

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:01 am

I think this is the hardest question to answer. Imagine we asked this question during the briefing session. I think everyone will be stunned and nobody can answer this question.
Back to top Go down
rachael tan

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-07-08

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:42 pm

i also wonder need to bring the iron along or not,will there provided a room that we can use for iron our cloth by ourselves....as agnes said,there will be people iron for us in a week(not sure true or not)...

the toilet is sharing by 4 peple one??not 2 people??? Question Question Sad before we move to the room,is there got people already clean up the room for us,so that,we no need to clean so much the "dirty" room...

is there any security staff that look after our hostel??the hostel is male n female different buildings???
Back to top Go down
rachael tan

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 pm

actually i also scare of those "dirty" things...n my mum already go to temple and got the amulet for me oledi.... geek
Back to top Go down
rachael tan

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 pm

actually i also scare of those "dirty" things...n my mum already go to temple and got the amulet for me oledi.... geek
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: oh my god..   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 6:12 pm

Oh my god.. we better drop this "dirty Things" subject... i start to worry already.. haha... actually i also got myself an anulet from the temple already Razz .. hehe..

Btw, We all MTs will be staying together izzt? i mean , our roommate will be MTs too.. or are we sharing room with other executive?
Back to top Go down
minseng007

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 6:16 pm

Hopefully roommate also MT lor, think we can share our ups and downs together. Male and female definitely is separately but not sure same building or not. Maybe different block.

Do we have to clean the toilet ourself?
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Accomodation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 6:20 pm

Seems like Minseng is very worry about the cleaning toilet issue oh~ ..Haha..
Actually i also hate it... But i think we need ..
We stay for free oh.. still expect people to wash toilet for us ah?

Haha.. After we go there then we will know we need to wash or not loh..
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: accomodation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:11 pm

i suddenly think of a Question..
Where is the place we hang our clothes to dry it? I mean where we dry our clothes? We all share a same place to dry our clothes? Will there be theft cases?
Back to top Go down
purple_sparklette

Number of posts : 28

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi guys/Gals...

sound like everyone are so excited with the room thinggy huh?? anyway no worries of 'dirty' thing... cux i'm still in 'one' piece till now ^.^ so no fear ...

Annie... we have no balcony to dry our cloths but 1 benefits... we have dryer to dry our cloths, so if we wash today. tomorrow we can wear back the same old piece of 'cloth' haha... is 20sen for 5 mins ^.^ very cheap, i usally will slot in 60sen only ...

Minseng, i think most of our roommates will be MT, i think HR will group us together, but back to the toilet issue....erm i think is fair enough we do our own cleaning... cux we are not paying ^.^ i have been doing it every now and then...but me n my roommate will take turn lo ^.^

cheers
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: accomodation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 12:57 pm

One more question from me..
Does our toilet attached with shower heater?
Embarassed I think i will become frozen if i need to have cold shower up there..
Back to top Go down
purple_sparklette

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 12:51 pm

all hoster will have hot and cold shower, just like hotel...RWB aren't that cruel Razz hehe...but always black out... so remember to bring a small torch along ...

Cheers~
Jes
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: accomodation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Thanks jessica for informing us about the frequent blackout case there. bounce I will prepare myself with a mini torch light.. Wuwu~~ im afraid of dark.... silent

Anyway, glad to know there is shower heater .. hehe.. (^_^)
Back to top Go down
danielchoong

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 6:16 pm

Well.. if we go thru all of the folders .. we will found out a lot of questions are answered by Jess de... Thank you so much...serious one.. hope we all can stay in the same group... Ria wo.. many stories about that hostel le.. lagi black out... Freaking me out a little bit... everyone got amulet.. but i got nothing le...remember to pinjam pinjam sikit ar... since Jess said no worries.. so everything should be alright ge....

again.. the security is the issues... if we going to bring our electronic how safe ar?
Back to top Go down
minseng007

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:33 pm

As Jessica has answered in another topic it's quite safe. Anyway I think first month is not the time to bring those extra things, just bring the neccessity. After one month you should be able to tell whether it's safe or not.

Aiyoh you remind me again have to go and get a few amulet, one in the wallet, one in the shirt, one in the drawer, another in the toilet....
Back to top Go down
purple_sparklette

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 9:09 pm

wah...amulet... no need la~ fear nothing, cux i don't have one for nearly a year, see~ i'm still in one piece here (including my soul ) Basketball but i think the scary thing here is not 'those' thing... but is the people here... you know BIG company but everyone stuck up at the hill, we meet each other everyday, got people who like us, also got people who hate us...there's many gossip, rumors going around us everyday, even if you break a glass in your room, the next hour the whole building will know, and the next day? the whole genting will know Shocked
I'm sorry but i'm not trying to scare off you guys, just wish that you all can have some idea what's the life here, so that you could prepare yourself... anyway, i think if all of us stick together... no one will dare to bully us ... is a POWER you see...hehe... so cheers...

Jessica
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: accomodation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Jessica, they didnt provide curtain ah?
So.. do we need to bring ?
Or just use the bedsheet they provide ? just like what u did... No prob? cyclops

love,
annie
Back to top Go down
danielchoong

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 1:47 am

Gosh... today i went shopping again... not for Genting but for own use. BUT all i had in mind were i need my own quilt, pillows, bedsheets, covers, cup, plates, new socks, clothings to wear in Genting...and the list goes on...
i'm going crazy de... affraid

serious no curtain ar??
Back to top Go down
purple_sparklette

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 9:47 am

haha...wow, start shopping already Smile how nice, while i still need to work till 31st ...sob...sob...

well they provide us curtain, but you know la... opposite my building is a guy hostel, i feel uncomfortable with only 1 curtain, so i double up rabbit

oh...one more thing i forgot to answer, i think we need to wear our own cloths first, cux i hear from the previous MTs their uniform were not provided to them till near end of the program Shocked so guys/gals remember to bring more office attire cloths up Surprised and on the day we report is [b]casual wear bounce

with loves,
jes
Back to top Go down
anniesia

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: accomodation   Accomadation Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:59 pm

i heard from wankhim (haven join the forum) we will be staying in the new building oh.. Is that true ah?
He heard from his fren's dad, who r currently working at genting too.
bounce
New building sure very quiet.. will be lonely... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accomadation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomadation   Accomadation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accomadation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MT 2007 :: MT Qs :: Management Trainees 2007-
Jump to: